I know its already the end of January, but I figured it was better to get them written down and shared now, rather than never. There are so many things that I want to accomplish this year, for myself and for Aaron and I. I think that the more I share and make these goals prominent, the more likely they are to come true. I also am terrible at actually making goals and sticking with them, so this is some accountability. So, in no particular order:
- Attend the temple together at least once a month (We went in January, so we are already on our way)
- Do genealogy work at least once a month. My family has tons of work already done, but most of Aaron’s family history stuff is not online, so this is most of my focus this year. January did not have the most done, but I am looking into getting the work already done.
- Live a healthier lifestyle. This consists of two parts: eating and exercise. We are trying to cut back on the amount of food we buy at restaurants, as well as the processed food at home, and introducing more fruits and veggies. I also want to have a home cooked meal from scratch 4-5 times a week. And we have a community garden space just across the street from our apartment that we will be growing food in this supper. We also are trying to live a more active lifestyle. This includes less time inside, and more time outside doing activities and exercise. The plan is 2-3 times a week, although so far we have done really poorly.
- Be self-reliant. We are making a budget, paying off credit cards, and creating 72-hour kits. This last one is especially needed since last year, Alabama was the most tornado-prone state. In several years, we are planning on moving to Utah, and it would be great to have the money to buy a house when we get there. This also means that we need to live more frugal, and I need get rid of stuff and make life simpler.
- Improve my technical skills in printing, binding, and conservation. This is school stuff, so I want to continue to maintain a 4.0, but I also want to stretch myself artistically and intellectually to look at my motivation. I am also trying to find an internship this summer in conservation, and to really understand my point-of-view, aesthetic, and motivation in creating books.
- Increase my online presence. This includes several things, focused on blogging and book art. First, I will blog at least once a week (which is significantly more than I do now). I also want to reach 100 followers, which means I need to make myself more well know. In relation to the book arts, I want to organize the website and keep it updated on current projects. I want to create a shop and start selling books, including custom pieces.
- Read 50 books. I am a little behind, but summer should help some.
- Increase skills in sewing and embroidery. I know how to sew, but my last several projects have been disasters, so I want to practice. I also want to become better at making clothes specifically. I also want to do some embroidery this year. I haven’t done it in years, but have some really cute projects I want to start working on, including these Kitchen Gnome Towels and Book Club Stitchettes. I want to make a book quilt with the Book club ones.
- Be positive, and more loving. I struggle with both of these, and really want to look for the good in situations and people.